This facility was built in order to fulfill the needs of space to carry out meetings, conventions, fairs, exhibitions and special events. It has versatile areas for shows, air conditioning and marble floor.
The Convention Center is formed by the following meeting rooms and areas:
Room Framboyán: Air conditioning, soffit and acoustic divisions. It can be divided into three smaller rooms: Girasoles, Bugambilias, and Gardenias.
Room Los Girasoles: It has a surface of 7,052.51 sq ft, located in the left side of Room Framboyán, entrance by the main access.
Room Las Bugambilias: It has a surface of 7,934.07 sq ft, located in the central part of Room Framboyán, entrance by the main access.
Room Las Gardenias: It has a surface of 7,010.53 sq ft, located in the right side of Room Framboyán, entrance by the main access.
Foyer Los Tulipanes: It has a surface of 12,438.77 sq ft located in the entrance of the Convention Center.
Ballroom: This is the biggest space of the Convention Center and it is the union of Room Framboyán and Foyer Los Tulipanes.
It also has:
- Air conditioning system: The type functioning with
- congealed water and two turbo-machines; it has capacity for 300-400 tons of refrigeration with capacity control and automatic system of cooling control in order to keep comfortable temperatures according to the kind and magnitude of the event.
- 29.52 ft Free height for all rooms.
- Access ramp of 15.35 x 235.56 ft
- 3 emergency exits.
- 1 main entrance with 4 points of access, with a height of
- 7.02 x 5.57 ft. of width.
- 30 plugs of 110 V.
- 20 water intakes.
- 1 cistern with capacity for 450 thousand liters, with a pump of 30 horsepower.
- Square of 84.64 x 85.79 ft of width.
- Load capacity of 92.17 pounds x sq ft
Designed for national and international fairs and exhibitions. Today it is one of the largest and most modern venues in Mexico. It is located in 56 hectares land surface, 3 full air conditioned buildings for exhibitions, an outdoor theater with a 9,500 seats capacity ideal for shows, one gamecock arena, cattle stand, an artificial lake and a big parking lot.
Technical features of the exhibition areas:
- Surface of 69,384.16 sq ft. (approximately, as they have an irregular shape).
- 88 lamps of 800 watts.
- 300 plugs of 110 Volts.
- Ceiling of corrugated sheet with steel and concrete structure. It has seven translucent sheets channels per exhibition space which are 65.61 ft long.
- 1 unloading entrance 16.40 ft wide x 18.04 ft high, which allows entrance to trailers.
- 1 main entrance and 2 side entrances 16.40 ft wide x 13.12 ft high.
- 5 emergency exits
- which are 9.84 x 9.84 ft.
- 48 extractors (8 in each unit).
- Rustic concrete floor.
- 42 columns, 6 per line.
- 12 loading centers, distributed in 4 per unit, of 3 x 100; 2 Ainline loading centers for general control of the electrical supply, with its own sub-station of 1,12.5 and 5000 KVA., garden type.
- 11 trash concrete containers.
- 6 water intakes with ½ inch pipelines.
- Exterior restroom service.
- Free height: 19.68 ft
- Air conditioning.
- Capacity for 415 booths, depending on the size and distribution.
- Load capacity of 1.85 Ton/sq ft.
- Esperanza Iris Theatre: Av. Carlos Pellicer s/n Col. Centro, Zona CICOM, Villahermosa, Tabasco. C.P. 86000 / Telephone: (993) 314 4210 / capacity: 1,243 people.
- Planetary: Prol. Paseo Tabasco s/n, Villahermosa, Tabasco, C.P. 86035/ Ph: (993) 316 3641 / Capacity: 300 seats.
- Casa de la Laguna: Cerrada de Plutarco Elías Calles S/N Col. Centro, Villahermosa, Tabasco. Ph: (993) 310 3300 / Capacity for 1,500 people in banquet mounting in the garden area.
- Villahermosa Cultural Center : Av. Madero Esq. Zaragoza, in front of Parque Juárez, Col. Centro, C.P. 86000, Villahermosa, Tabasco. Ph: (993) 312 6136 / Capacity: 112 people.
- Football Olympic Stadium: Velódromo de la Ciudad Deportiva, Col. 1ro. De Mayo. Ph. (993) 313 9088 / Capacity: 12,000 people.
- Parque Centenario: Velódromo Ciudad Deportiva, Villahermosa, Tabasco / Ph: 352 2787 and 88 / Capacity: 30,000 people.
- Ballroom of the Centro de Enseñanza de Hemofilia: Av. Universidad s/n, Col. Casa Blanca, Ph: (993) 142 0212 and 142 0213 / Capacity in banquet mounting: 450 people, capacity in auditorium mounting: 600 people.
- Villahermosa Ballroom: Inside parquet Tomás Garrido s/n, Ph: (993) 310 3232 ext. 3436. / Capacity in banquet mounting: 860 people.